Galaxy Note 4 Root On Verizon and AT&T May Be Closer Than Ever!

Galaxy-Note-4-Frost-White

While excitement for the Galaxy Note 4 may be waning there are still a handful of developers working in the shadows to provide the N4 community with root. The bounties for root have well surpassed $10k but have still unfortunately not been able to attract the attention of very many developers. Still there are three developers who refuse to give up. For now the team consist of GatesJunior, Surge1223, zxz0O0.

GatesJunior posted an exciting update to the “Root R&D” thread over at XDA. He is stating that they have successfully escalated system privileges. They are now able to write to any area as long as system uid has access. They have now moved on to coming up with a root exploit to leverage the current system level access. This is possibly closer than ever. We may well see root on the Note 4 soon. It may have been more than 6 months since the release of the phone, but late is better than never.

Have you all moved on past root after owning a device that hasn’t had it since release, or are you just as excited as I am?!

Via XDA

Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.

DroidModderX

DroidModderX is a Root Master who loves all things Android. He has been writing Android News for several sites for the past several years as his preferred method of staying High On Android.  He also does lots of Android tutorial videos. Don't forget to subscribe to DroidModderX Youtube Channel!

11 Responses

1. Ron says:

Super Excited and ready. 🙂

2. Jonathan says:

I love using custom ROMs and got my SM-N910V for a very low price off of craigslist, so I hope they are able to get root on this device, that would be Dope!

3. Holden says:

I have already sold my Note 4 on AT&T and went back to my Note 2 that is still rooted. If there is a root that come out eventually, then I will probably be very pissed. Until then, I am fine. I also might end up buying another one if there is a root for it because the Note 2 is really starting to get outdated. Also, I like having a removable battery and buttons for back, home, and other things that are not part of the screen. It is so stupid when phones do that.

4. Aletheion says:

I’ve contemplated getting rid of my AT&T Note 4 because of the lack of custom ROMs. But I can’t really afford to do that and get a different phone. So for me, this is excellent news! I’d love to be able to root this phone.

5. Jabbar says:

Still hoping. I wonder why there is root for the AT&T versions of the S6 & 6 Edge.

6. Steve says:

Thank you for the update. Yes, I am still patiently waiting.

7. Lionel Washington says:

I’m super excited too

8. Ed says:

I sold my note 4 right away and bought the VZW developer edition, without the locked boot loader. I think I might have lost about $100 in the process, but it was so worth it. Without root, I may as well get an iPhone.

9. Chris Walker says:

Please notify when root is reached.

THANK YOU !!!!!!

10. Sergio says:

Awaiting smn910a root

11. talon1812 says:

Still waiting for root for Galaxy Note Edge AT&T version. Most nerve-wracking device that I’ve ever owned!!! Feel like throwing this $1,000 heap of trash onto the wall. I’ll NEVER buy another a Samsung device. I have 11 LG phones, but was intrigued with the edge screen. Now I’ve become un-intrigued.
    someone PLEASE develop a root for it.