Welcome to the HIGH on Android Sunday Summary, where we get super HIGH on all the Android news from the past week. First I’ll run down the list of what went down this week, then I’ll give a few thoughts on the events!
- To start the week we saw some leaked photos of the upcoming Galaxy Tab S2, the next tablet in Samsung’s high-end line.
- We found out the LG G4 DOES have Quickcharge 2.0 capability, but won’t ship with a quick-charged enabled power brick.
- There are possibly three new Motorola phones headed to Verizon later this year.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Active leaked and then later was made official by Samsung.
- Samsung released the SDK for their upcoming round smartwatch, revealing some of the design details.
- LG G4 off-contract pricing was revealed by T-Mobile and Sprint in giveaway fine print.
- Huawei is holding a US media event on June 2.
- ASUS Zenwatch 2 slated for unveil at Computex next month.
- The Galaxy S6 Edge continues to have scratching issues-this time with the Clear View Cover.
- LG is giving away several hardware gifts with G4 purchase.
- Marvel and Samsung teaming up to offer Iron Man version of Galaxy S6 Edge.
- NVIDIA Shield Pro listed on Amazon.
- Google is likely developing a complete family of Glass products.
Some of my thoughts on the news this week…
- I’m pretty pumped about the G4 being released in the coming weeks, and even more excited now that we are getting free gifts and QuickCharge 2.0. I’d also like to remind LG that it still isn’t too late to send me a review unit of the G4! 😉
- I’m also very interested in what Huawei has to say at their June 2 event for the US, and the unveiling of the ASUS Zenwatch 2. If the Zenwatch 2 has the rumored 4 day battery life, it could be a game changer for the Android Wear market.
- The Iron Man version of the Galaxy S6 Edge looks pretty awesome from some artist renderings, but I just want to know, will it come without scratches out of the box?
- Furthermore, how hard is it to make a cover for your phone that doesn’t scratch the screen (looking at you Samsung)? I was under the impression Gorilla Glass 4 shouldn’t scratch from dust particles under your case…
- NVIDIA Shield Pro might be the Android TV device we all deserve, but at the $299 price tag, is it one consumers need right now?
- I’m glad Samsung wants to bring the camera back on their smartwatches, but not sure how I feel about the round screen. I loved that Samsung’s Gear S was different from everything else available right now.
Thats all for this week folks. Check out my preview for the week of 5/18, going up later tonight, and come back next Sunday for another summary of super HIGH on Android news!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.