It’s been a busy week around the HOA newsroom. We’ve had a lot of news about the upcoming LG G4 release. Samsung and Marvel have released details on several Avengers themed products, including the Iron Man edition of Galaxy S6 Edge. The budget-friendly ASUS Zenfone 2 made a US debut, and looks to be a great option for $299, with some pretty solid specs to go along with it. Google rolled out Android 5.1.1 to Wear devices not called Urbane, and we got a preview of the Huawei Nexus device coming later this year. Below I summarize each story we covered this week, and then give some thoughts at the end of the article!
- Shane told us about SuperSUMe, which brings temporary root to the AT&T and Verizon Note 4.
- Samsung and Marvel are offering some Avengers cases and a wireless charger for the Galaxy S6 Edge. Oh, and the Iron Man GS6 Edge comes out next week.
- The ASUS Zenfone 2 debuted in the US and sold out promptly on Amazon in both RAM sizes.
- We found out that the Huawei Nexus might be modeled off the Ascend Mate 8.
- Android 5.1.1 is rolling out to all Android Wear watches, after making its debut on the LG Urbane. The update brings wi-fi to enabled watches.
- LG is planning a second flagship phone announcement for later this year.
- Oppo unveiled their flagship R7 and R7 Plus, with a international launch slated for June.
- A wild NVIDIA Shield Pro appeared.
- Google trolled everyone waiting for their Project Fi Invite…we’re going to be waiting til mid-Summer.
- LG G4 pricing and availability was announced for Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T-Best Buy is also taking preorders.
- Shane gave us a preview of some sweet specs for the 3rd generation Moto X.
- LG is giving out a nice goodie bag to US customers purchasing the G4.
- Google plans to launch a new Photos app at I/O with improved privacy controls for sharing, and a better auto-awesome.
Overall I’m pretty pumped to finally get my hands on the G4 soon. I preordered a Verizon model from Best Buy this past Friday, but if T-Mobile really gets it on June 2, I might just get one from them. It is nice of LG to give away so many free gifts with the G4, especially the extra battery. I’m really enjoying the Zenfone 2, it is a great phone for $299. If you haven’t already, check out my unboxing and initial impressions of ASUS’ latest offering below. Too bad the Verizon and AT&T root solution was only temporary root, it would have been nice to finally get what we all really want. Oppo has me intrigued with the R7 Plus, if it works on T-Mobile LTE, I might pick one up in June.
HighOnAndroid Facebook Page <--- If you like this post, please Like Our Facebook Page Here, thx!Want to contact me?
Add me on: